Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Capote

How has the experience of writing the book changed Truman? Has it been a positive or negative change? How do you think it will affect the rest of his life?


I think Truman believed that by writing this book, it would increase his popularity and enhance his career as a great writer.  He was already a very arrogant and egotistical person before he began writing the book, but I think he became even more conceited.  The movie portrayed Capote as someone who would do anything to increase his popularity, but he illustrated that he was also caring of others. The surprising change came towards the end when he started drinking more heavily.  I think the change was definitely negative, especially since the increase in alcohol is what eventually caused his death.  I believe that since the book was more personal for him, he stopped writing because he did not want to get that involved in another story.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't thought about future story involvment - good point 25/25

    ReplyDelete